What makes a Certified Pre-Owned Volkswagen different to a pre-owned, used, or second-hand Volkswagen?
The Certified Pre-Owned program is our very own stamp of approval and quality assurance for customers looking to buy a second-hand Volkswagen. It’s designed to provide potential used car buyers the added confidence and benefits you’d expect when buying brand-new. Experience the Certified Pre-Owned difference for yourself with:
- Quality and extensive 114+ point technician inspection checks.
- All vehicles in the program are no more than 5 years old and have travelled less than 120,000kms.
- Free 1-year Volkswagen Roadside Assist.
- Minimum 1-year Certified Pre-Owned Limited Warranty.
Can I buy a Certified Pre-Owned Volkswagen that has previously been in an accident?
Yes, you can. All vehicles listed under the Certified Pre-Owned program are reconditioned so any damage sustained previously would not be detectable or defective upon time of sale. If a vehicle has sustained damage in an accident and is not able to be repaired to the Volkswagen Certified Pre-Owned standard, then it will not be eligible and will be excluded from the program altogether.
When is the best time to buy a Certified Pre-Owned Volkswagen?
A Volkswagen never goes out of style and that’s why there’s never a better time than now to buy a Certified Pre-Owned Volkswagen. Experience the power of pre-owned for yourself and check out the wide range of benefits the program has to offer.
Do I need to complete any additional checks such as REVS Check or Finance Check before buying a Certified Pre-Owned Volkswagen?
For a used Volkswagen to be included in the Certified Pre-Owned program it must undergo a thorough inspection by technicians. These checks do not include a REVS check, and this will need to be completed by the potential buyer.
What would stop a Volkswagen from being classified as Certified Pre-Owned?
A used Volkswagen will not be eligible for the Certified Pre-Owned program for the following reasons:
- Fails the inspection and 114-point assessment.
- Does not possess a 1-year warranty.
- Is more than 5 years old.
- Has travelled more than 120,000kms.
If I buy a Certified Pre-Owned Volkswagen will the manufacturer’s warranty be transferred?
Yes, the manufacturer’s warranty is 100% transferrable.
What criteria is used to classify a car as a ‘Certified Pre-Owned Volkswagen?
Before a vehicle can be classified as a Certified Pre-Owned Volkswagen, our skilled technicians carry out a thorough and detailed workshop and test drive inspection on every used car. Any faults identified are fixed using Volkswagen Genuine Parts. Only then can a used car become part of the Certified Pre-Owned program. All vehicles in the Certified Pre-Owned Program are also no more than 5 years old and have travelled less than 120,000kms.
What is included in the 114-point vehicle inspection?
The 114-point inspection includes mechanical, electrical, interior and exterior checks, as well as full road-tests before it can become a certified used-Volkswagen. These results are detailed in a written report for every used vehicle, which is available for your assessment.
Is my Certified Pre-Owned Volkswagen covered under warranty?
Yes, all cars come with a minimum 1-year Certified Pre-Owned Limited Warranty. So, feel rest assured that if the unexpected happens, you can relax in the knowledge that you will be covered and protected.
What is included in the free 12-month roadside assistance?
Enjoy complete peace of mind knowing all of Certified Pre-Owned used cars come with a minimum 12 months Volkswagen roadside assistance.
This includes breakdown and recovery services all year-round, at home or on the roadside.
- We provide 24-hour assistance, emergency accommodation, car rental and towing as well as property assistance.
- Dedicated technicians – as part of the 12 months roadside assistance with all Certified Pre-Owned Volkswagens, you will have access to qualitied Volkswagen Group dedicated technicians, all equipped with the necessary equipment and expertise. Your call will be covered anywhere in Australia 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
- Dedicated call centre – the Volkswagen Roadside Assistance team will be able to support you during any breakdown experience or accident with your Certified Pre-Owned vehicle.